- Think of an environmental issue affecting Hong Kong.
- Come up with a way to solve this problem or improve the city’s environment using technology. (There is no action too small - no idea too big!)
- Record an audio clip of up to two minutes of you and/or your team telling us about your idea and why it deserves to win.
- Take a picture or make a drawing that illustrates the issue and your idea.
- Go to www.samsung.com/hk/solvefortomorrow, take a short quiz.
- Fill in your contact information and the name of your school and teacher. If you are submitting as a team, be sure to include the details for each team member.
- If you are under 16 years old, be sure to submit a parent or guardian’s details as well.
- Follow the instructions online to upload your picture and audio clip. Your picture should be uploaded in .jpg format and no larger than 3MB. Your audio clip must be in .m4a or .mp3 format, no larger than 8MB.
The top five videos chosen by the public in each category will be reviewed by a panel of judges. First-, second- and third-place winners chosen by the judges for each category will win prizes for themselves and their schools. The top 20 schools and tertiary institution faculties with the highest percentage of student participation will receive HK$50,000* worth of Samsung products. Prizes will be presented at an awards ceremony in March 2014.Judging Criteria
- Our judges will review all entries and select 20 ideas from primary school students, 20 from secondary school students and 20 from tertiary institution students to go through to the next round.
- The top 20 individuals or teams in each category will be given cash and a Samsung tablet (for them to keep) and a month to make a two-minute video showcasing their idea and how it would make a positive impact on Hong Kong.
- Videos are then uploaded online.
- Public voting begins.
- Encourage your family and friends to vote for your video to get through to the next round. Anyone who votes will be eligible to win great prizes.
* More details will be provided to the shortlisted teams when they enter the